Sunday, May 22, 2011

So much for timely updates

Wow has it really been over a month since I last updated this? Oh well time flies when you are having fun. (or buried eyeball deep in school work) Lets see we are a whole 4 weeks away from the end of spring quarter and I will be so happy when it is done. This has easily been the toughest quarter I have experienced at AI due to taking three classes with extreme workloads all in the same quarter. Typography, Business, and Advanced lighting have all given me fits this quarter and there is still four weeks to go. I see the light at the end of the tunnel though just hoping it is not a train.
Typography--I still have a hard time finding any interest at all in this class. I often find myself wondering why I need this class and how does it apply to being a photographer. In all my years doing photography I have never once photographed type well at least for the purpose of understanding it. I also highly doubt I will ever look at a wedding invitation I have to photograph and think "Wow that is really bad typography" Oh well four more weeks and I am done with the class. Must push myself through.
Business was a lot of work as we had a minimum 10 page paper due by midterm and we have a rather large presentation due at the end. The second presentation is in teams so that helps as I know I have a good team. Just seems like a lot of work for a business class.
Advanced lighting has been a tough class from the beginning. the first shoot to now the 3rd shoot and one more to go. There still is a Nike shoe haunting me from this class the teacher has sent it back 4 times to me. I so want to get rid of this shoe but at least I know I will get it perfect. Today was shooting human form. "Show emotion through human form without the face being a dominant part of the picture." I feel this one went really well thanks to awesome models and help from one of my very good friends who not only modeled but also helped with posing. The whole Idea was to focus on muscle definition and he knew how to bring that out so there are some awesome pictures as a result.
This week I go to Reno to shoot the National bowling tournament and see the friends from Florida whom I bowl with. We always have a good time every year where ever we meet for nationals and hopefully this year I will bowl up to my potential. Will be a nice break fro this stressful quarter but will still have to bring some work with me.  
Then 4 days after my last final dad and I board a plane to Petersburg Alaska where we will stay at a lodge and fish for 6 days! I so can't wait for this trip it is something we have talked about doing for years.
Well this was a short update for this month. Probably won't blog again till after alaska as finals will plague me till then.
Have fun and Keep those shutters clicking..

No comments:

Post a Comment