Wednesday, April 13, 2011

School One intense quarter.

Well so much for timely updates of my blog. it has been about 5 weeks since the last update as things continue to be so busy. I am now in the second week of my 4th quarter of school and even though it hasn't all been great fun and has been very stressful at times I am still loving it. Mostly loving all the photography classes I have gotten to take and all the great students and instructors I have met. This quarter brings me into Advanced Lighting and it is definitely more intense. The first project out the gate is one of those that sounds kind of easy when you first read it but it is something to this day challenges even the best professionals. the paper we got is as follows:

"your assignment is to produce a layout in which two images of an architectural and/or landscape are presented next to each other. The view and the framing of the subject in each image is to be identical. The presented size of each image will be the same. Each view will be made at a different time of day and/or under a different weather condition. The goal of this assignment is to produce two aesthetically strong and distinctively different images from the same view."

So when I first heard about this assignment I was thinking a few things and a few places. well none have worked out as planned and it is much harder that taking a pic at night and one during the day. Actually it is kind of easy to get the first dynamic image but getting the second one that is dynamic also is just not that easy. Try it if you want to it really is not that easy. This assignment in fact has been posted in a few magazines as a tool to help professionals.
       The second assignment is a Nike Shoe shoot. We have to be able to work with the branding and such that is NIKE. We have to be able to follow all of Nike rules in producing ads and they have to work. It is the assignment the teacher sends back the most. He shot shoes for Nike for many years so it is like actually working for Nike.
       Third we shoot pictures of the "human form" This one is the shoot that he says most people are the most uncomfortable with. capturing the human form but no faces. I am actually very lucky in this shoot as I have a model and a great friend that are open to helping me with this. I have ideas so I am excited for this shoot.
      Fourth is environmental fashion. I dunno much about this one yet but I do know actual fashion editors will help with the grading of this one so it will also have to be spot on.
      In addition to all this all the costing and contracts and releases and any other thing you would need for a professional shoot must be submitted too. Welcome to the world of professional photography. All I can say is Bring it on!
     This quarter will be intense that class alone is enough to really keep me on my toes. You throw in intro to business, Typography, and Astronomy this quarter will be busy! Oh well Alaska awaits at the end of the quarter for a week of fishing!
     This class along with doing stuff on my own really keeps me clicking away. I know all the intense work and frustration now will pay off big time at a later date so I am totally willing to keep on going. I still try to get into the studio and have met some amazing models whom I have worked with. All of them I will continue to keep in touch with and hope to work with them again. I have many ideas to shoot but school assignments need to be done first. The good thing is some of my ideas can be turned into school assignment work so I get stuff I want to do and get to complete assignments.
     Well enough rambling for this week. Keep on clicking.

No comments:

Post a Comment